Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have any questions about the Cape Wine Auction Trust? We have highlighted some important information below to assist.
- Who can apply for funding from the Cape Wine Auction Trust?
- Any non-profit organisation which fulfils the Trust mandate of “Supporting Education in the South African Winelands”
- When can proposals be sent and to whom?
- Proposals can be sent to the Trust Facilitator between March and the end of May each year.
- What is the funding cycle?
- The funding cycle runs from 1 June to 31 May.
- What should be included in a proposal to the Cape Wine Auction Trust?
- It is best to keep the proposal short (two pages is ideal).
- The name of your organisation
- When it was established
- What work you do
- Which geographical area you work in
- Who benefits from your service(s)
- How many people benefit from your service(s)
- How much funding you are requesting and how this would be used
- Who your other funders are
Note: Capital Expenses are not funded by the Cape Wine Auction Trust.
- How does the application process works?
- Successful beneficiaries are awarded funding annually at the discretion of the trustees of the Cape Wine Auction Trust. You will be contacted for additional information should your proposal be shortlisted for the final approval stage. Beneficiaries must make applications annually unless otherwise explicitly stated. If you do not hear from us, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.