A 4 Night Long Weekend for 10 in Robertson
The Lot Info
The Lot Summary
This Lot offers two nights’ luxurious stay for ten guests (5 couples) at Jan Harmsgat Country House. Included is a farm tour with wine tasting as well as a dinner party on one of the nights of your stay. Each couple will also be given a case of their favourite JHG varietal to take home.
Jan Harmsgat Guest Farm has seen a renaissance that captures its rich past, in a way that fits in with the discerning traveller’s needs. Guests are treated to understated elegance and comfort, combining the power of its original metre-thick walls, yellowwood details and original ‘Overberg’ style, while every modern convenience is available. Their wine philosophy is to create delicious single- block wines, which are the smallest production unit for vineyards and may not exceed six-hectares per cultivar.
Guests will then go on to enjoy two nights’ accommodation for 10 guests (five couples) at the Excelsior Estate Guesthouse, situated on their working wine farm. The Cape Dutch Revival Manor, once a family home, has been lovingly restored and offers elegant comfort and serenity along with personal hospitality. There are nine classically decorated en-suite bedrooms. Enjoy breathtakingly panoramic views of the vineyards and the Langeberg Mountain ranges. During their stay guests will partake in a cellar tour and tasting, and can even blend, bottle and label their ‘Own Creation’ in Excelsior’s tasting room, situated on the water’s edge of the farm dam, which is abundant with birdlife.
Finally guests will also be treated to a tasting and lunch at the Home of Chardonnay, De Wetshof Wine Estate. The name De Wetshof has been synonymous with the production of fine wines in South Africa since the 1970s. As the first registered wine estate in the Robertson Wine Valley, De Wetshof has become known internationally as South Africa’s eminent Chardonnay House due to the pioneering role it played in introducing this noble Burgundian grape to the country. The De Wet family’s winemaking heritage can, however, be traced back to 1694 when the first De Wets arrived at the Cape and immediately made a mark on the South African wine industry. Today, De Wetshof is one of the few third generation wine estates in South Africa. Here Danie de Wet, proprietor and cellarmaster, is assisted by sons Johann (viticulture and marketing) and Peter (winemaker). Guest will all take home a trio of the estate’s flagship Bateleur Chardonnay in 1,5 litre, 3 litre and 5 litre.
- Two night’s accommodation for 10 guests (5 couples) a tExcelsior Estate (between May and August).
- A cellar tour and tasting at Excelsior Estate.
- Tasting and lunch at Springfield with the Bruwer family.
- Tasting and lunch at De Wetshof with the De Wet family.
- A trio of the estates flagship Bateleur Chardonnay in 1,5 litre, 3 litre and 5 litre.
- From Springfield – two 2-packs containing a 1997 Methode Ancienn Cab and a 2013 Methode Ancienne Cab each.
- Two nights luxurious stay for ten guests (5 couples) at Jan Harmsgat Country House.
- A farm tour with wine tasting.
- A dinner party on one of the nights of your stay.
- Each couple will also be given a case of their favourite JHG varietal to take home.