The American Express ‘Barrel Tasting & Auction’
The Cape Wine Auction is a roving event. We like to keep things fresh and interesting, and we are utterly spoilt with the beautiful wine farms that surround us. Each year the event is held in a different farm, giving guests the chance to explore new and magnificent venues.
Friday February 12th 2016 at 6pm sharp.
Taste wines directly from the barrel and join the spirited bidding on these limited offerings at The American Express Barrel Auction. The top ten bidders on each lot will secure a future release case of the wine discovered at the event.
The event will be hosted at Constantia Glen where wineries will pour their regional wines and Constantia’s most acclaimed food purveyors will serve delicious eats.
Introducing the Barrel Auction
The Friday Night American Express Barrel Auction is your chance to purchase a truly one-of-a-kind wine. Some of the Cape’s top winemakers will make their most exclusive barrels available.
Sign up as a bidder, taste from the barrel, place your bid and watch the drama unfold as the crowd tries to outbid each other! Don’t miss this rare opportunity to taste, and own, a bespoke masterpiece of South African winemaking.
How the bidding works.
• Only 10 cases from each hand-selected barrel are on offer.
• Bidding starts at R2 000 per 12 bottle case.
• Bid on 1 case of your favourite wine after tasting.
• Each new bid must increase by a minimum of R500.
• Each new bid is posted at the top position on the leaderboard.
• Bid as many times and on as many different cases as you wish – you can always bid again if you are knocked off the leaderboard.
• The top ten bids on each barrel at 10pm on Friday evening will win one case (twelve 750ml bottles) of the wine.
It is the top ten bidders who win a case of wine, not just the highest bidder. Wines offered in the Barrel Auction are priced and sold per case and do not include the barrel.
Please note: You will only receive the wine once it has been released by the winemaker.
Terms & Conditions Apply.
Constantia Glen is ideally located below Constantia Nek, just moments from the bustling Cape Town city centre. We are a picturesque boutique wine estate producing ultra-premium, cool climate wines. Steeped in history, Constantia is the oldest wine producing region in South Africa dating back to 1685.