CWA2018 Lot Donations
— Deadline 30th September 2017 —
Planning is going full speed and today we start pulling together the resources of an entire industry to compile the 35 auction lots for 2018. We are looking for rare wine collections, decadent experiences, luxurious hideaways, extreme adventures, vintage cars, large format bottles, safari experiences, celebrity access and combinations of the above that will contribute towards a money-cant-buy experience.
— We need your help —
Reach out to your contacts. Someone in your circle of influence owns a luxurious holiday home, a yacht, a safari lodge, a jet or, perhaps, a space ship to partner with your rare wine. How can these be intelligently packaged together? We are raising money to support education in the South African wine lands, so don’t be scared or intimidated. Ask for something. Discuss your crazy ideas. Be creative. The time to act is now.
Submissions close at the end of September and our catalog going to print at the end of October 2017. Please don’t delay. Reach out now and make sure that your winery is part of #CWA2018. We can’t do this without you.
Main Auction Lot Checklist
- All Lot submissions done via this online form
- Lot information must include all Terms & Conditions
- A summary of the lot must be submitted
- An estimated value must be submitted
- CWA will request all Logo’s and high res images to be sent to the designer
- One contact for the Auction lot to be supplied, this person will be responsible for the full fulfillment of the lot and the liaising with the winner
- Once item has been bought CWA will put the Buyer & Donor in touch – it is then the Donors responsibility to be in contact with the buyer to organize the prize and its arrangements
- CWA will follow up with donors and winners to confirm communication
Barrel Auction Checklist
- Wineries to donate 10 x 6 bottle cases of wine
- Wineries to have the same wine available for tastings at the auction – 24 bottles
- Wine to be ready by the Auction date
- Guests have option to take wine home with them that evening
- Local Deliveries for Farm account
- International delivery for buyers account
- Wine to be limited edition or rare flagship
- Winemaker / owner at the event
- Bottle size to be sent through by 1 October for box order
- Boxes & Neck sticker to be supplied by CWA
- Delivery Addresses to be supplied to farm by CWA
- Wine to be delivered by end April 2018.
- CWA will request your Logo and high res images to be sent to the designer