A Magical, Exclusive Food & Wine Experience at JAN Franschhoek on La Motte Wine Estate
THE LOT INFO
JAN Franschhoek is an exceptional, seasonal food and wine experience presented from a charming historic cottage, Veepos, right in the middle of the Franschhoek Valley’s most picturesque lavender fields. Based on the popular TV series, JAN RSVP, this culinary encounter shares a nostalgic story with food as told by South Africa’s first Michelin-starred chef, Jan Hendrik van der Westhuizen.
JAN Franschhoek is hosted on the historic La Motte Wine Estate, a landmark in the South African winelands, always at the forefront of interesting and creative ways in which to share a passion for wine and food. Fans of Jan Hendrik’s dinner table storytelling, the owners of La Motte are excited to invite you to delicious once-in-a-lifetime culinary experience.
“I remember always seeing this little house in the middle of the Franschhoek Valley lavender fields at La Motte and wondering why it was not a super exclusive little eatery. Years later and JAN Franschhoek opened its doors to the culinary curious,” says Jan Hendrik who regards his latest culinary adventure as a tribute to his early years in the winelands, when he was honing his skills and discovering the beauty of the area.
The estate’s historic Veepos building that plays host to JAN Franschhoek, is a zero-waste and zero percent single-use plastic establishment and offers a rare glimpse into life as it was in this valley in the early 19th century, with thick stone walls that meet the ceiling and original blue gum ceiling beams. Fully restored since 1992, the building is hidden amidst a sea of lavender when the fields burst into bloom during the spring and summer months.
JAN Franschhoek takes guests on a sensory journey comprising ingredients inspired by the mountain and the river. Traditional and modern techniques are combined in the creation of a series of dishes inspired by the JAN Library’s formidable collection of South African cookbooks; presented at an intimate communal table which brings Jan Hendrik’s love of community and his South African heritage to this fine dining experience.
Diners are welcomed in the La Motte Manor House before being transported to the Veepos for their food and wine experience at the exclusive 16-seater table in JAN Franschhoek.
Take a taste of the winelands with you, with a vintage collection comprising of six bottles of La Motte’s premium Pierneef Syrah Viognier.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This exclusive food and wine experience will be available during the second season of JAN Franschhoek. The date of the second season will be announced shortly.
- The date for this exclusive experience has to be confirmed with La Motte wine estate by 31 July 2023.
- The experience includes food and wine for 16 people.
- The vintage collection of Pierneef Syrah Viognier is available for collection from the estate or delivery within South Africa.
THE LOT SUMMARY
- Exclusive Food and Wine Experience at JAN Franschhoek on La Motte Wine Estate.
- The food and wine experience includes the JAN Franschhoek dinner menu and drinks for a company of 16.
- The dinner space’s capacity allows for a maximum of 16 and the experience is exclusive to you and your company.
- A vintage collection of La Motte’s internationally acclaimed Pierneef Syrah Viognier, beautifully packaged in a wooden collector’s box.