EXPERIENCE THE ROBERTSON WINE VALLEY | GRAHAM BECK’S PURSUIT OF THE PERFECT CAP CLASSIQUE BUBBLE & GET CAPTIVATED BY CHARDONNAY WITH WELTEVREDE ESTATE & DE WETSHOF ESTATE
THE LOT INFO
It is a voyage over an enchanting week-end with three pioneers of the Robertson Wine Valley, the Valley of Wine and Roses some 160km east of Cape Town in the vast hinterland wilderness of the country’s wine industry that is also home to some of South Africa’s most visionary and accomplished wine personalities.
Graham Beck has over the past 30 years become the leading name in Cap Classique, South Africa’s category of traditionally made, bottle-fermented sparkling wines. Robertson’s renowned chalk soils and the innovation and singular dedication of Cap Classique maestro Pieter Ferreira has led to Graham Beck becoming a worldwide name wherever the country’s venture into sparkling wine is mentioned. Further down the valley, two names stand-out for their passion for Chardonnay, the noble white grape of Burgundy that has found a brilliant expression in the limestone soils, sunny days and cool nights of Robertson. De Wetshof and Weltevrede, both leaders on Cape Chardonnay, have over the past 30 years help take South African Chardonnay to levels of quality unimaginable since the 1980s when this cultivar was first introduced at the Cape.
This is the essence of the Robertson Wine Valley adventure offered at the Cape Wine Auction.
THE LOT SUMMARY
- A weekend getaway for six couples sharing (12 pax) at the luxury private family residence, Grace House, located on the Graham Beck Estate in Robertson
- Masterclass Cap Classique tasting with bubbly maestros Pieter Ferreira and Pierre de Klerk highlighting some gems from the Graham Beck vinoteque
- A private dinner with Pieter or Pierre as inimitable host and raconteur
- A selection of award-winning Graham Beck Vintage Cap Classique for each couple to take home
- A Private vertical wine tasting inside the “De Wetshof Estate Wine Library” hosted by owner Johann de Wet
- Lunch at De Wetshof Estate hosted by the De Wet family
- A trio of De Wetshof Estate’s flagship Bateleur Chardonnay in 1.5 litre, 3 litre & 5 litre
- Get Captivated by Chardonnay during a 2-hour underground tour at Weltevrede
- Create your own bottle of Cap Classique in the new Weltevrede tasting room
- Taste the new collection of Weltevrede Chardonnays
- A selection of Weltevrede Cap Classique’s & Chardonnays to take home including the flagship; Poet’s Prayer.