THE GIFT OF GIVING
THE LOT INFO
Support a cause that’s close to your heart!
5 x R10 000
- R10 000 will enable the updating of an interactive board in the Constantia Primary Grade 1 classrooms. Phonics software has been donated to the school, and this funding will ensure that this software can be used effectively. Interactive boards are like large computer screens, giving children in the classroom access to interactive, digital learning while supporting the teacher with more in-depth content.
- Transport costs for a sports team at Calling Academy high school to attend five sport matches. The school is outside Stellenbosch town, and travel costs is often a barrier to teams being able to play against other schools in the area.
- Following the successful training in Robotics and Coding by ORT SA in 2021 at Wemmershoek Primary in Franschhoek, this lot will pay for the toolkits needed for the teachers to implement what they learnt.
- Training 20 teachers in IT and E- Learning skills at De Rust Futura Akademie in Elgin. This training assists the teachers to incorporate the internet and online resources into their daily lesson plan.
- Uniforms are an expense that many learners battle to afford. R10 000 will ensure that 10 learners have the basic uniform essentials needed to learn with dignity and comfort.
5 x R25 000
- Funding a Maths Programme for one year at the Aitsa After School programme using innovative learning models including Lego, Bazoo and Math Buddy.
- Supporting Teenage Programmes at Anna Foundation for one year. These programmes combine the personal skills that all youth need in their daily lives with specific workplace readiness skills youth need for future employment. The goal of the programme is to empower young people to achieve social and economic success.
- Funding a Parent Programme for a year at the Aitsa After School programme. This provides the tools to enhance the parent and child bond which is essential for reaching learning potential.
- Landscaping and outdoor seating areas at the Calling Academy high school for boys. The campus has recently been expanded thanks to extensive fundraising initiatives, and for those of you who believe that all children deserve to learn surrounded by a beautiful outdoor setting, this is your chance to contribute to the landscaping and outdoor areas of this phenomenal new low-cost, high-quality high school.
- Training an Early Childhood Development (ECD) practitioner from the most vulnerable communities on the ground-breaking CoRE curriculum, developed by Indaba Foundation in association with Association Montessori International. This community rooted teacher training has proved to be highly effective with the unique needs associated with winelands children and this lot also includes the start-up material to set up the classroom for optimal impact, as well as three-month mentorship and support for the practitioner once the training has been completed.
5 x R50 000
- The Masakhane Community Farm addresses food security and healthy nutrition in the greater Gansbaai community by serving as an agricultural support hub. Your donation will ensure that each trainee receives a personal allotment site which they use to grow fresh produce for their own consumption, or to sell for their own profit.
- By funding playground equipment for the Early Learning Programme at the Kusasa Project in Franschhoek ensures that 130 children from the poorest communities have a safe space to play and dream.
- Oxford Tutorial Method implementation at Calling Academy boys’ high school in Stellenbosch. The Oxford Tutorial is an inquiry-based method designed to cultivate critical thinking through individualized dialogue between a small number of learners and their tutor. The Oxford Tutorial Method is implemented at Calling Academy in partnership with the Oxford Centre for Tutorial Teaching and is currently the only school in Africa with this privilege! R50 000 pays for the tutorial lead for a year.
- Contribute to the Special Needs Programme run by Pebbles Project which provides stimulation programmes, therapeutic support and intervention to children between the ages of 3 months and 5 years.
- Appointing a social worker for 12 months at De Rust Futura Akademie in the winelands of Elgin. This will provide much-needed psycho-social counselling, motivation, support and programme development for learners, as well as setting up parent and learner support groups to deal with issues like gender-based violence and drug addiction.
- Food security has been deeply impacted over the past 24 months and we know that a hungry child cannot learn. R100 000 provides 35 000 nutritionally fortified meals by the Lunchbox Fund to 175 at-risk and vulnerable school learners every day for a year.
- Trauma is a barrier to learning for thousands of children in the winelands. Your donation provides 500 hours of counselling for children, at their school, by qualified Community Keepers psychologists, counsellors or social workers. This is a gift of psychosocial support which assists traumatised children to enjoy a happier education journey.
- The digital divide continues to widen and access to digital learning in under-resourced schools is crucial now more than ever. R100 000 will pay for 20 computers and have them fully installed with literacy software at a school. This process is facilitated and managed by the Click Foundation.
- Lack of safe, reliable transport is a barrier to many children getting to school daily. In the winelands attendance rates during the winter and on rainy days are much lower, indicating how many children walk to school every day, often over great distances. This lot provides safe and reliable transport services to 80 children in the Winelands for a year.
- R100 000 funds a pre-school centre for 50 children for a year. This includes the provision of educational resources, stationery and furniture.
- Constantia Primary School has an active and passionate music department with a dream of having an orchestra. Funding this lot would ensure that musical instruments can be purchased to make this dream a reality. Their wish list includes 3/4 violins, full violins, 3/4 cellos, flutes, trombones, clarinets and violas Euphoniums.
- This lot allows the continuation of the incredibly successful Art programme at Wemmershoek Primary school, including the teacher salary and art material for 256 learners.
- Schools in rural areas face a constant security battle. R100 000 allows a school to appoint security guards which are stationed on-site as a deterrent to ongoing burglaries. Alarms are not effective due to the distance that the response vehicles must travel. Permanent guards also assist the schools with lower insurance premiums, as the school is considered less high risk.
- Safety equipment for 450 learners who take part in welding, plumbing and maintenance courses, as well as training for 10 teachers.
- Appliances for 250 learners taking cooking classes as part of the hospitality industry curriculum. The appliances are a long-term investment for the school’s kitchen classrooms.
THE LOT SUMMARY
- 5 x R 10 000
- 5 x R 25 000
- 5 x R 50 000
- R 100 000