The Journey of Merlot Lot
The Lot Info
The Lot Summary
The second theme will consist of award-winning Merlots today such as
the winners of the Winemag Merlot Report, the Old Mutual Trophy Wine
Show, Veritas winners and 5-star Platter wines. Thirdly – wines from hot, up and coming producers including Shannon and Boschendal’s Appelation series (Elgin). And last, but not least, there will be foreign Merlot’s including Duckhorn (Napa), Chateau Troplong Mondot Grand Cru Classe, Chateau Bellevue and Montiano from Italy.
Included in the prize is accommodation for six people at Jordan Wine Estate in Stellenbosch.
During your stay, guest will also get to enjoy a dinner at the highly acclaimed chef George Jardine’s The Restaurant at Jordan, A Tasting @ Overgaauw with David van Velden, A Vertical Tasting at Shannon vineyards in Elgin and an 8 Course Dinner at Oldenburg with winemaker Nic van Aarde.
Representatives of the Merlot Forum will also present a private tasting to the winning bidder and their guests to offer an in-depth picture of SA
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Accommodation and meal vouchers must be redeemed within one year of issue.
• Winning bidder will have to receive the wines in SA.
- A selection of 24 bottles of Merlot representing the The Journey of Merlot, consisting of four themes; Icon Merlots, Award-winning Merlots of today, Hot, up and coming producers and Foreign Merlots.
- Accommodation for six people in Jordan Wine Estates luxurious suites including dinner for six at chef George Jardine’s The Restaurant at Jordan.
- A tasting at Overgaauw with owner winemaker David van Velden.
- A vertical tasting at Shannon Vineyards in Elgin.
- An eight course dinner at Oldenburg with winemaker Nic van Aarde.
- An in-depth private tasting of SA
Merlots by the Merlot Forum.